€ 3.400 – € 3.700 (40u) | Data Engineer | Cloud Platform | IT | Python, Java, SQL | Stakeholder Management |Financial Markets| Process optimization | Banking | International
Have you recently obtained a Master’s degree in Tech, IT, or Information Management and is it your ambition do develop yourself into a data engineer? Are you ready to start your career within the dynamic and fast-paced world of financial markets? Are you tech-savvy and ambitious and would you like work within a young and highly international team with data engineers, analytics experts, and developers? Then we have an interesting vacancy for you: Junior Data Engineer – Financial Markets!
Our client is a leading global bank in Financial Markets services. They provide professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to financial markets around the world and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. Investors and traders are further supported in complying with law and regulations.
You will be working within the Data Analytics & Data Engineering team of the bank, consisting of 12 employees. Your team is young and highly international e.g.: Great Britain, Italy, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Poland, Albania, and India. The team in responsible to create a ‘future-proof’ IT & data environment. Meaning, the current data platform needs to be replaced by a Cloud Data Platform through Amazon Web Services (AWS). This gives the bank access to a faster, more flexible IT environment where they can use the latest (data) techniques. The new Cloud Data Platform will be rolled out globally. It enables departments in Europe, US, and APAC to e.g., extract data from one data point, create queries, develop dashboards and apply machine learning techniques.
- Contributing in the development of the cloud architecture and platform in collaboration with architects and data engineers;
- Translating the data vision & strategy of the Product Owner into IT solutions;
- Creating, presenting, testing, and putting into production of software and IT Cloud designs;
- Building and deploying applications at scale on the Cloud Data Platform;
- Working closely with business users, architecture, solution engineers, IT Engineering Lead and other teams, delivering data from their source systems to Cloud Data Platform;
- Active participation in the scrum ceremonies.
To be successful as a Junior Data Engineer – Financial Markets, you have or are:
- Master’s degree in Business Information Management, Computer Science, Data Engineering or similar
- 0 – 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Affinity with Data Engineering, Computer Science and IT;
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, and Java;
- Strong communication skills and a true team player;
- Proactive and you think in solutions;
- You are fluent in English.
First of all, by becoming the Junior Data Engineer – Financial Markets, you lay the foundation of the Cloud Data Platform on which the bank run their systems and data worldwide! Cloud service is a relatively new, you have the opportunity to grow into the bank’s source of information and expert (in a short amount of time). Options are also offered to further train and certify in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Furthermore, you will work with young and ambitious professionals who share a common interest in Tech, Data Engineering and Data Science. Knowledge is shared and team members encourage each other to get the best out of themselves. You work at a prime location in Amsterdam and it is possible to work remotely.
Furthermore, Young Analytics offers you:
- Gross monthly salary of €3.400 – €3.700 based on 40 hours, depending on your background and experience;
- Study budget of €1.500;
- 24 vacation days per year and paid public holidays;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Hybrid working;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the button below. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Emma Bar Peled via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.