€ 3.200 – € 3.400 (40h) | Business Analyst | Financial Markets | MIFID | Process Optimization | Reporting | IT & Big Data | Tableau & SQL | Amsterdam
Are you a young graduate who is interested in financial markets, process optimization, and reporting? And do you have excellent analytical and communication skills? Do you have a strong affinity with process optimization and (big) data? We have an exciting job opportunity available as Junior Business Analyst – Financial Markets at the financial markets services division of a major international bank in Amsterdam.
Our client is a leading global player in financial markets services. They provide professional investors (including professional traders, market makers, brokers and investment parties) access to financial markets and make it possible for these clients to trade in financial products. These investors are further supported in complying with law and regulations.
You will work within an agile organization at the Regulatory Reporting department. This department is strategically positioned in the organization. The scope of Regulatory Reporting is all regulations that result from daily transactions in financial instruments, positions, valuation and collateral in which the organization is a contractual party in the transaction. Agile working means team member are part of self-steering squads and leaded by Product Owners. Squads work autonomously and include a Pentaho (software) Developer, Data Analyst, Tester, Business Developer, and operational squad members.
As Junior Business Analyst – Financial Markets, you focus on improving the quality of processes, systems and tooling. You do this by translating reporting requirements as provided by the regulator into value propositions and solutions that are consistent with developments in the areas of technology, digitalization, legislation and regulations. You also take into account the requirements and frameworks set by internal and external stakeholders, such as business developers and regulators.
As Junior Business Analyst – Financial Markets you have the following responsibilities
- Reporting to Financial Market Authority (AFM), European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and professional trading clients.
- You provide further enhancements on the Regulatory Reporting service and you will participate in projects, such as: building new tooling, Dashboarding Tableau, improving upstream data quality, integrating and utilizing data analytics, development and test automation.
- You monitor the process of transactions and business flows and you optimize reporting system performances. You make sure that the software systems are used efficiently.
- Analyze and solve mismatches between the bank and its counter parties and answer questions from (internal) clients, product owners, squads and indirect with professional clients.
To be successful as Business Analyst, the following should apply:
- Master’s in (Quantitative) Finance, Technology and/or combination of both;
- 0-2 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong affinity with Financial Markets, process optimization, and (Big) Data;
- Knowledge of Tableau (building dashboards) and SQL is a plus;
- Strong communication skills and a real team player;
- You are interested in the financial world and curious about the underlying technical processes;
- Proactive and stress-resistant attitude and you think in terms of solutions;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a preference.
As a Junior Business Analyst – Financial Markets, you will work at a great location in Amsterdam and you will join professional self-steering squads. The working environment is open, informal, and pragmatic. This is a very pleasant and energetic environment. You will be involved in the latest (IT and data) developments in the financial markets world. You learn how to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you will gain a broad understanding of banking processes and systems from a leading player in the market. Our client will invest in training to improve your IT and big data skills in order for you to continue to grow!
- € 3.200 – €3.400 gross per month, depending on your work experience and educational background (based on 40 hours working week);
- Extra study budget of €1500;
- 8,33% vacation allowance;
- 25 vacation days;
- Participation pension scheme;
- Commuting from home to work reimbursement.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the apply button. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Dante Ronday via +31 20 489 23 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.