€3.200 – €3.500 (36h) | Data Analytics | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Global Banking | Data Management | Python, R, Tableau | Projects | Agile | International | Amsterdam
Are you ready to start your career in data analytics and business intelligence at an international and innovative bank in Amsterdam? Do you want to put your skills in handling and analyzing highly complex (financial) data into practice? Are you energetic, communicative, proactive, and someone who likes to take ownership of projects? Are you a MSc graduate in Data Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics or Information Management? Then Young Analytics has an exciting role as a Junior Data Scientist – Finance & Banking for you!
Our client is an international renowned bank located in Amsterdam. You will work at the wholesale division within the Global Data Analytics team. The team is responsible to support a wide range of business stakeholders (globally) through end-to-end delivery of data analytics projects. This includes designing, executing and implementing a clear and effective data strategy and translating business needs into useful insights, to ultimately improve the decision-making. As member of the team, it is expected that you question everything… with facts.
As a Junior Data Scientist – Finance & Banking, you handle and analyze highly complex data, with the purpose to design business solutions and to discover further improvements using Big Data. Your work allows the bank to e.g. enhance customer experience, optimize revenue impact, lower operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators. You put your data analytics skills into practice at project teams, which gives you the opportunity to see all sorts of banking processes and departments: Transactions Services, Operations, Commercial, Client Services and KYC.
Your responsibilities include:
- Data-mining activities and creating reports. You clean and process raw data, correlate different types of data and are able to recognize patterns;
- Supporting stakeholders globally with decision-making by describing and visualizing discovered insights and predictions;
- Advising business partners on data and insight analysis, commercial opportunities and market developments;
- Initiating process optimization and identifying new data improvement opportunities.
To be successful as Junior Data Scientist – Finance & Banking, the following should apply:
- A Master’s in Business Analytics, Data Science, Quantitative Finance, Econometrics, Information Management or similar masters;
- Experience in tooling, such a Python, R, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau;
- Energetic, communicative, entrepreneurial and takes ownership;
- Strong affinity with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- You are always thinking one step ahead, able to look at things from another perspective and your enthusiasm and passion is contagious!
This job is a great mix of strategic, operational and entrepreneurial assignments. You will be working with exceptional talents in cross-functional teams to realize ambitious goals! Working in multiple projects gives you the unique opportunity to experience all sorts of Wholesale Banking teams: Transactions Services, Operations, Commercial, Client Services and KYC. Furthermore, the bank is awarded as the most innovative bank of Western Europa. Meaning, you get to work with the newest data techniques and tools and will be motivated by colleagues with an ongoing entrepreneurial and innovative mindset where change is welcomed.
Furthermore, you get:
- An excellent gross salary package €3.200 – €3.500 (36 hours per week) (depending on knowledge and experience);
- Study budget of €1500;
- 13th month (bonus);
- 8% vacation allowance;
- 21,6 holiday days plus public holidays;
- Participation pension scheme;
- Working from home allowance;
- Travel allowance.
Interested? Please upload your resume via the apply button. If you wish to receive more information about this job opening, please contact Emma Bar Peled via +31 (0)20 489 23 20 or sent her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org